Make the famous Sweet Potato Casserole from Ruth’s Chris at home tonight!
Makes 4 Servings
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- Combine Crust Mixture in mixing bowl and put to one side.
- Combine Sweet Potato Mixture ingredients in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Combine thoroughly.
- Pour Sweet Potato Mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle Crust Mixture evenly onto surface of Sweet Potato Mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°. Allow to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.